Welcome To The Website Of Aberdeen Quizmasters - a free resource for pub quiz organisers and trivia addicts in Aberdeen, the North-East of Scotland and everywhere!
YOU CAN EITHER SCROLL DOWN THE PAGE OR CLICK ON THE ABOVE LINKS FOR QUICK ACCESS. USE YOUR BACK BUTTON TO RETURN HERE AT ANY TIME. IF YOU KNOW A GOOD PUB QUIZ THAT'S NOT LISTED IN THE DIRECTORY, OR IF YOU HAVE ANY COMMENTS, LINKS OR SUGGESTIONS FOR IMPROVING THIS SITE, PLEASE
A VERY SPECIAL THANKS TO WWW.PITAS.COM FOR HOSTING THIS SITE
*Scream, Schoolhill. Starts 9.30pm. Free entry. Hosted by Irish John. Especially popular with students who can take advantage of 'Yellow Card' drink prices.
*Dizzy's Bar, Carden Place. Fortnightly at 8.00pm. £1.50 per person. Maximum 5 persons per team. 1st Prize: round of drinks and winner chooses charity to donate all the money raised that night.
*Queen Vic, Rosemount Place. Starts 8.30pm. £1.00 per person. Six rounds of 10 questions including joker round for double points. 1st Prize: £15 drinks voucher. 2nd Prize: £10 drinks voucher. 'Play Your Cards Right' end game.
*The Illicit Still, Broad Street. Starts 9.30pm. Free entry. Winner gets round of drinks. Free sandwiches if you're lucky.
*Belmont Cinema, Belmont Street. Starts 9.15pm. Held in the Cafe Bar. Definately one for film buffs.
*The Hogshead, Little Belmont Street. Starts 9.30pm. Free entry. Run by the friendly bar staff.
*Murdo's, Cairncry Road. Starts 8.30pm. Run by the bar. Please phone (01224) 789911 to confirm.
*Bucksburn Manor, Inverurie Road, Bucksburn. Starts 8.30pm. Free entry. Chaired by professor of trivia Gordon Pirie who, according to legend, used to win £80 a night from Monopoly machines!!!
*Slains Castle, Belmont Street. Starts 8.30pm. Free entry. It's quizmaster Dan asking the questions at this popular midweek event.
*Kintore Arms, Kintore. Starts 8.00pm. Six rounds of 10 questions including joker round for double points. 1st Prize: £20 drinks voucher. 2nd Prize: £15 drinks voucher. 3rd Prize: £10 drinks voucher. 'Lucky Number Draw' raffle at end of night goes up £10 a week until won.
*Campbell's Bar, Torry. Starts 8.30pm. Fun quiz with bingo at half-time for bottles of vodka.
* Quizmasters. Buckie Farm, Parkway, Bridge Of Don. Starts 9.00pm. £1 per person. Popular, long-running quiz night. Cash pot is split between the top two teams with the winner getting the lion's share. Meal vouchers for third prize and occasional bonus food and drink prizes. Named "the best pub quiz in the North" by the Sunday Times! See special feature below.
*The Hen Blackie, Burnside Drive, Dyce. Starts 9.00pm. Free entry. Long-running quiz night hosted by Easi Discos. Meal vouchers for winner and runner-up.
*Holburn Bar, 225 Holburn Street. Starts 8.30pm. Hosted by Alan.
*The Staging Post, Bucksburn. Starts 8.30pm. Check for availability.
*Ghillies Lair, Bridge Of Dee. Starts 8.30pm. Free entry. 1st Prize: £15 leisure voucher. 2nd Prize: bottle of wine. 'Prize Draw' raffle at end of night goes up £10 a week until won.
*Frankensteins, Union Street. Starts 8.00pm. Free entry. Winners get five drinks at bar. Free sandwiches.
Your pub quiz here.
What? Your quiz night isn't here! ADD IT TO THE DIRECTORY NOW!Contact Quizmaster John.
FEATURED QUIZMASTERS PUB QUIZ: THE FOUNDRY.
ALAS, THIS LONG-RUNNING AND POPULAR WEDNESDAY QUIZ NIGHT WAS STOPPED BY THE NEW MANAGEMENT IN 2009 ON THE BASIS THAT IT TOOK AWAY BUSINESS FROM THE HOLBURN BAR QUIZ JUST DOWN THE ROAD, EVEN THOUGH THE HOLBURN BAR QUIZ IS ON A THURSDAY NIGHT AND AT A VENUE OWNED BY A DIFFERENT COMPANY!! I PLAN TO START A NEW QUIZ IN THE HOLBURN AREA SOON. THERE WAS A SEPARATE WEBSITE FOR THE FOUNDRY WHICH IS NOW DORMANT AND I HOPE TO USE IT AGAIN FOR THE NEW QUIZ. WILL KEEP YOU POSTED.
FEATURED QUIZMASTERS PUB QUIZ: BUCKIE FARM.
OUR REGULAR TEAMS AND NEWCOMERS BATTLE FOR SUPREMACY EVERY THURSDAY NIGHT IN THE BUCKIE FARM/TOBY GRILL, PARKWAY, BRIDGE OF DON, ABERDEEN. QUIZMASTERS IS GREAT FUN, ONLY £1 PER PERSON TO ENTER AND STARTS AT 9.00PM IN THE LOUNGE BAR. COME ALONG FOR A REAL CHALLENGE IF YOU DARE! TOP PRIZE IS TYPICALLY AROUND £40-£50 IN CASH WITH A SUBSTANTIAL CASH PRIZE FOR SECOND PLACE AND CARVERY MEAL VOUCHERS FOR THIRD PLACE. OCCASIONALLY THERE ARE BONUS FOOD AND DRINK PRIZES. YOU CAN ALSO WIN ANYWHERE BETWEEN £20-£80 IN THE SNOWBALL CLIMAX BY ANSWERING A SINGLE QUESTION AT THE END OF THE NIGHT. WHICHEVER INDIVIDUAL IS CLOSEST TO THE CORRECT ANSWER GETS ALL THE CASH IN THE SNOWBALL CASH POT! THE BUCKIE FARM QUIZ CAN HAVE A FAIRLY ADULT THEME AT TIMES AND IS STRONGLY COMPETITIVE!
Starting in October 2010 we have introduced a new 'Joker' round. Teams can chose to play their joker in round one, two or three and they get double points for that round! We tested the idea on 7 October with three rounds of just 15 questions instead of the usual 20 questions per round. The feedback was good so we are making it a regular feature on all general knowledge quizzes but not on special theme nights (such as our Halloween/Horror Special on 28 October). Here are the latest quiz results...
11 NOVEMBER 2010
1. CUL DE SAC - 71
2. SCUBBY T BALLERS - 70
3. 2 NON BLONDES - 68
4. NO BRAINERS - 63
4. THE DEER HUNTERS - 63
6. DOES GREY MATTER? - 60
6. 9 WHITES & A CHINK (IN THE ARMOUR) - 60
8. THE EROTIC DIARIES OF ANNE FRANK - 59
9. HOWLING MONKEYS - 58
10. BACK FOR CRACK - 57
11. FOR MORE SPORTS NEWS & VIEWS VISIT STEVESILLET.COM - 55
12. SMERKO - 54
13. IN TER YER MA - 53
14. ANGRY BADGERS - 51
14. COOL RUNNINGS - 51
16. THE MUPPETS - 48
16. LATECOMERS - 48
18. A DINGO ATE MY BABY - 46
First prize: £50... Second Prize: £23... Third Prize: two carvery vouchers
4 NOVEMBER 2010
1. SPARKLING MONKEYS - 74
2. CUL DE SAC - 72
3. HAPPY BIRTHDAY HELA - 71
4. COOL RUNNINGS - 70
5. DOUGIE McDONALD'S WEB OF LIES - 63
6. KNOCKED OUT BY MY NUNGA NUNGAS - 61
6. SMERKO - 61
8. E FOR IDIOTS - 60
8. ROBOCOCK! - 60
10. 2 NON BLONDES - 59
11. THE FOUR 'O' US - 58
11. BOB AND THE BAD TONES - 58
11. SHOOTS & THE GANG - 58
11. AKABUSI - 58
11. NORFOLK AND GOOD - 58
16. LET'S GET QUIZZICAL - 50
17. STEVIE'S SORRY FI - 34
18. ANDY MARTIN & VIKKI - 30
First prize: £55... Second Prize: £30... Third Prize: two carvery vouchers
28 OCTOBER 2010
1. COOL RUNNINGS - 57
2. STILL AIN'T GOT A SCOOBIE - 56
3. MS PACMAN'S NUNGA NUNGAS - 55
4. THE FOUR BALLERS - 52
4. ROBO-COCK! - 52
4. CHEEKY QUINES AND HIM - 52
7. TWO NON BLONDES - 51
8. WHISPERING EYES - 50
8. I'VE BEEN TEABAGGED BY BARRYMORE - 50
10. SPOOKY MONKEYS - 48
10. DOES GRAVE MATTER - 48
12. NORTHERN LIGHTS - 47
13. TUBULAR SMELLS - 45
13. WHITE + YELLOW - 45
13. NO BRAINERS - 45
16. SMERKO - 43
First prize: £40... Second Prize: £19... Third Prize: two carvery vouchers
21 OCTOBER 2010
1. SCRAMBLED EGGHEADS - 71
2. MALTESE MONKEYS - 63
3. TWO NON BLONDES - 62
4. THE FOUR O' US - 59
5. COOL RUNNINGS - 56
6. ANAL NITRATE - 55
6. ANDY'S ALWAYS RIGHT - 55
8. CHEEKY QUINES & HIM - 54
9. SMERKO - 53
10. TO THE MANAGEMENT: REPLACE QUIZMASTER - 52
11. AIN'T GOT A SCOOBIE - 49
12. AWKWARD TURTLES - 46
13. DOES GREY MATTER? - 45
14. THE FOUR BALLERS - 44
First prize: £36... Second Prize: £18... Third Prize: two carvery vouchers
14 OCTOBER 2010
1. COOL RUNNINGS - 72
2. DOES GREY MATTER? - 71
3. BOOBS SNAKES & BANOFFEE PIE - 70
4. CUL DE SAC - 69
5. THE FOUR O' US - 68
6. 33 MINERS: ONE HOLE - 67
7. TWO NON BLONDES - 64
7. MONKEY MINERS - 64
9. FREE GARY GLITTERS' MINERS - 63
9. SMERKO T's - 63
11. WHITE & YELLOW - 61
12. AT LEAST THE MAINS HAS SKY - 60
13. I WISH THIS MICROPHONE WAS A COCK - 59
13. CHEEKY QUINES MINUS ONE AND HIM - 59
15. NUMBNUTS - 57
16. IT'S ALL GUESSWORK - 55
17. MISSING THE THREE BASTARDS - 53
First prize: £34... Second prize: £18... Third prize: two carvery vouchers
7 OCTOBER 2010
1. NO BRAINERS - 43
2. THE FOUR O' US - 42
3. GLAD WE SKIPPED THE MAINS - 40
4. AKABUSI - 39
5. TWO NON BLONDES - 38
6. CHRISTMAS TREE IN OCTOBER? - 37
6. STAR WHORES - 37
8. SMERKO - 36
8. COOL RUNNINGS - 36
8. MONKEY SHOULDER - 36
8. SCRAMBLED EGGHEADS - 36
12. GREATEST HITS - 30
First prize: £28... Second prize: £14... Third prize: two carvery vouchers
Any comments, queries or suggestions for the Buckie Farm Quiz Night?
Contact Quizmaster John
125 QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
Here are a sample of 125 questions recently asked at QUIZMASTERS quiz nights...
- How many prongs are there on a dinner fork?
- What is the main food of an oyster catcher?
- Which Spanish artist said that he would eat his wife when she died?
- Who was the captain of The Black Pig?
- The ancient Chinese ball game cuju is believed to be the forerunner of which sport?
- What was recently advertised as the slag of all snacks?
- Anatomically shaped, odour-free easy-ons are a new brand of what?
- What term describes a state of exaggerated, foolish love?
- Which playing card king is called The Suicide King?
- What do we call the symbols used in e-mail and online conversations to convey tone and mood along with the words?
- What does a monophobe fear?
- What kind of tool is a Glasgow Screwdriver?
- Where does latex come from?
- Complete the proverb: All work and no play...?
- What is the most consumed food containing vanilla?
- On which day of the week do most suicides occur?
- In a penis enlargement operation, what is injected into the penis to make it bigger?
- What type of bird is a shag?
- If getting it up is a bit iffy what drug will give you a stiffy in a jiffy?
- Why couldn't Winston Churchill kick Hitler in the bollocks?
- A CD disc is made up of bumps and flats representing 1's and 0's. Which are which?
- What is the main emission of a car engine?
- What do we call the hole on an acoustic guitar?
- What are Winnie the Pooh's first words when he wakes up for breakfast?
- Many people keep their lottery tickets in a dictionary under which letter?
- In which UK city did Adolf Hitler live for a year?
- Envelope, burner and basket are the three essential parts of what form of transport?
- In the film Summer Holiday Cliff and his mates drive a bus from Hertfordshire to which European country?
- What is the name of the MGM lion?
- True or false: the top speed recorded by a stairlift going down is 70 m.p.h.?
- What is the main reason for throwing a sickie?
- Who was the Muppet with the extra-long nose?
- Who started dating R&B star Aaliyah when she was 12 and married her when she was under-age?
- Which motor vehicle was unveiled in Rome in 1946 with a name that in Italian means "wasp"?
- What is the most common international crime?
- Which are the two one-eyed jacks?
- How many points of the compass are there?
- Which sense does a dying person tend to lose first?
- What type of steel is an alloy of iron with some added chromium and a small amount of nickel?
- Which TV programme is known by the initials BBLB?
- At what time of day are shops allowed to start selling alcohol on Sunday?
- Of the five space shuttles built, how many were destroyed and what were their names?
- Which Japanese electronics firm is named after a word meaning "sound"?
- Are Dolly Parton's boobs insured for £400,000 each, or is that amount for the pair?
- Which are the two hottest months at the equator?
- What's the difference between the eyes of flesh-eating animals and those of plant-eating animals?
- For the ladies, what spot is supposedly situated just a little way back from your G-spot?
- Who was the model for Tinkerbell in Peter Pan ?
- What are the three top things that women keep hidden in their home?
- What is the first letter of the Russian alphabet?
- In the Bible, who gave Eve her name?
- What's the name of the local pub in Brookside ?
- What weed is a common cure for nettle stings?
- What are the two most common surnames in America?
- Who makes Alpen and Readybrek ?
- Which gangs are named after the ghettos of Kingston, Jamaica?
- What smoking implement was Stalin always seen clutchung in public?
- According to safe drinking guidelines, a man should not exceed how many units of alcohol per week?
- What animal can be broken into a thousand pieces and still live?
- Who took over from Mulder in the X-Files?
- In the entertainment world, which famous logo is based on the Matterhorn mountain peak?
- What do adoring Japanese fans call David Beckham?
- What's the telephone number for the speaking clock?
- Which soft-drink uses the slogan: 'Obey Your Thirst'?
- What's the name of the local pub in Cheers ?
- Which airline was launched in June 1984?
- In which year did the Aberdeen express train make headlines and why?
- True or false: men are better at steering supermarket trolleys than women?
- Which Irish brand of lager was the first to be mass-produced?
- Why do women find men's sweaty armpits such a turn-on?
- As heard on film and TV, what do the initials BS stand for?
- What do we call a horse that has seven generations of ancestors in the stud-book?
- What's the name of the local pub in Hollyoaks ?
- According to safe drinking guidelines, a woman should not exceed how many units of alcohol per week?
- What kind of lubricants destroy latex condoms?
- Which snack-food uses the slogan: 'Once You Pop, You Can't Stop'?
- Which hot drink uses the slogan: 'Good To The Last Drop'?
- Name three types of cars that don't pay road tax?
- Which is the month for making hay?
- How did Casanova prevent himself from catching sexually transmitted infections?
- The song Blue Moon is an anthem of which English football club?
- What game is played with six packs of cards dealt from a shoe?
- Which 70's group recently took the boy band Blue to court?
- What's the name of the supercomputer system set to replace the internet?
- Which small country has been ruled by the Grimaldi family for over 700 years?
- Which two colours 'advance' a picture towards the viewer?
- What's the abbreviation for the methicillin-resistant superbug that kills 1000's of hospital patients each year?
- Which country is top of the league worldwide for UFO sightings?
- Which letter of the alphabet can have the same sound as the zz sound in the letter Z?
- Which singer has been voted Canada's sexiest woman?
- In which country did the words 'plonk' for wine and 'plonker' originate?
- In medicine, what substance is always present in a tincture?
- What is the most popular colour of wedding dress worldwide?
- The fans of which football club sing the chant 'Boing Boing Baggies Boing Boing'?
- Which gangster-flick has been criticized for use of the f-word 212 times?
- The poker hand a pair of aces with a pair of eights is known by what name?
- Which late soul singer was Michael Jackson's godfather?
- What does the texting favourite IYKWIMAITYD stand for?
- Does the laser in a CD player point down or up?
- Does Central America belong to North or South America?
- What number does a black stripe on a bar code represent?
- What are proteins made from?
- Who were Adam And Eve's three kids?
- Who was the more famous sister of Anastasia and Drizella?
- If oxygen is O2, what is O3?
- What makes black peppercorns black?
- Which Aberdeenshire castle was the model for Walt Disney's fairy castles?
- Built from Aberdeen granite, what's the second largest granite building in the world?
- Which bridge is the largest single span granite bridge in the world?
- What do women call the wrinkles around their eyes?
- What's the French word for bum?
- If you spend a dime how many cents change will you get from a quarter?
- What's the meaning of the Latin prefixes Deci and Deca?
- Which animal group are the most successful decapods?
- Who is the main Islamic prophet before Muhammed?
- What is the last month of winter in the Southern hemisphere?
- In which war were women first used as fighter pilots?
- Was the term "birth control" invented by a man or a woman?
- If there are two full moons in one month, what do we call the second?
- What is the framework of the Statue of Liberty made from?
- What does the circle on the Celtic Cross represent?
- What colours are the circles in the Mastercard logo?
- How tall is the world's tallest woman to the nearest foot?
- What colour of uniform do Virgin Atlantic air hostesses wear?
- Which car insurance website is promoted by Aleksandr the Meerkat?
NOW CHECK YOUR ANSWERS BELOW.
COMING SOON... A BIGGER DIRECTORY, A NEW SELECTION OF ORIGINAL QUESTIONS COMPILED BY QUIZMASTERS.
PLUS MORE QUIZMASTER RESOURCES!!
- CAPTAIN PUGWASH
- POT NOODLE
- CONDOMS (DUREX)
- KING OF HEARTS
- BEING ALONE
- ... MAKES JACK A DULL BOY.
- HITLER ONLY HAD ONE BOLLOCK!
- FLATS = 1 , BUMPS = 0
- NITROGEN GAS (N2)
- "WHAT'S FOR BREAKFAST?"
- M (FOR MILLIONAIRE)
- HOT-AIR BALLOON
- GREECE (ATHENS)
- FALSE (IT'S APPROX. 30 M.P.H)
- R KELLY
- VESPA SCOOTER
- DRUG SMUGGLING
- SPADES AND HEARTS
- STAINLESS STEEL
- BIG BROTHER's LITTLE BROTHER
- 12.30 P.M.
- TWO (CHALLENGER AND COLUMBIA)
- THE PAIR!
- MARCH AND SEPTEMBER
- CARNIVORES HAVE EYES IN FRONT, HERBIVORES AT THE SIDE
- MARILYN MONROE
- DIARY, VIBRATORS (SEX TOYS) AND LETTERS/PHOTOS OF EX-BOYFRIENDS (source: Daily Mirror 2/6/03)
- BAR BROOKIE
- DOCKEN OR DOCK
- SMITH AND JOHNSON
- RED SPONGE
- JOHN DOGGETT
- PARAMOUNT PICTURES
- CHEERS BAR
- 1963/ THE GREAT TRAIN ROBBERY
- TRUE (source: Daily Express 9/5/03)
- THE SCENT CONTAINS PHEROMONES THAT HELP THEM RELAX AND SHIFTS THEIR MENSTRUAL CYCLES, APPARENTLY MAKING THEM MORE FERTILE
- THE DOG IN THE POND
- OIL-BASED (eg. baby oil, lotion, Vaseline)
- MAXWELL HOUSE
- CLASSIC CARS, CABLE CARS AND BUMPER CARS!
- HE WORE CONDOMS (made from animal guts tied in place with a pink ribbon!)
- MANCHESTER CITY
- THE GRID
- REDS AND ORANGES
- SCOTLAND (over 300 sightings a year)
- X (xerox, xenophobia etc.)
- SHANIA TWAIN
- RED (China, Asia etc.)
- WEST BROMICH ALBION
- DEAD MAN'S HAND
- BARRY WHITE
- IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN AND I THINK YOU DO
- ONE (white is zero)
- AMINO ACIDS
- CAIN, ABEL, AND SETH
- A FUNGUS (Glomerella cingulata)
- CRAIGIEVAR CASTLE
- MARISCHAL COLLEGE
- UNION BRIDGE, ABERDEEN
- CROW'S FEET
- ONE TENTH / TEN TIMES
- WWII (Russia)
- WOMAN (Margaret Sanger in 1914)
- BLUE MOON
- THE SUN (St.Patrick superimposed the pagan icon onto the Christian cross)
- RED AND YELLOW
- 8FT (7ft 9in)
- COMPARE THE MARKET.COM
- TRIVIA PORTAL
- this amazing site from America has over 400,000 categorized questions plus games and other stuff!
- PUB QUIZ NET
- great site with pub quiz help and advice for running a successful quiz night. Lots of free questions too!
- PUB QUIZ HELP
- a free database resource of fun facts and interesting trivia on a variety of subjects.
- TRIVIA WEB
- registration is required here for over 20000 assorted questions.
- PAUL'S QUIZ
- offers paid download quiz packs as well as 1000's of free questions on many subjects. Free to register. Great site but some
challenging questions. Check out their quizmaster T-shirts!
- SPORTS TRIVIA
- over 5000 questions in this site's archive covering most sports.
- QUIZ ADDICTS
- tons of general knowledge quizzes online.
- MADRID PUB QUIZ
- this is an interactive site with loads of categorized questions and a great links facility.
- TRIVIA PLAZA
- questions galore on geography, movies and pop music.
- TRIVIA WARS
- login required for access to over 150,000 questions.
- COOL QUIZ
- a good resource marred my multiple pop-ups in every new window.
- over 10,000 facts and quotes on this hassle-free site.
- HOW STUFF WORKS
- this is a useful resource for devising original material.
- 1001 USELESS FACTS
- lots of unique facts here from 100's of contributors.
- AMUSING TRIVIA
- 1000's of questions and factoids are categorized on this site.
MORE RESOURCES COMING SOON!